Set-theoretical solutions of the Yang-Baxter equation
Skew braces, trusses and generalisations
Regular subgroups of the holomorph
Set-theoretical solutions of the pentagon equation
Keep an eye on
This year I'm co-organising
- Groups, rings and the Yang-Baxter equation, Blankenberge (Belgium), 19-25/06/2023
- We do have some spots for contributed talks!
- Young Researchers Algebra Conference 2023, L'Aquila (Italy), 25-29/07/2023
- Aimed to PhD students, post-docs and early career researcher
- We have spots for contributed talks, check it out!
Currently, I am a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Exeter (UK). I am working on the EPSRC project: Hopf-Galois Theory and Skew Braces (PI: Prof. N. Byott).
I completed my PhD in 2017 at the University of Salento under the supervision of Prof. F. Catino. During my PhD, I was a visiting PhD student at the University of Warsaw in the group of Algebra and Number Theory headed by Prof. J. Okniński.
My PhD thesis focuses on studying a novel algebraic structure, namely semi-brace, and its connection with set-theoretical solutions of the Yang-Baxter equation.
My research interest focuses on studying algebraic structures associated with discrete versions of some equations in mathematical physics, such as the Yang-Baxter equation and the Pentagon equation. I am mainly interested in algebraic structures such as skew braces, trusses and generalisations that organise, classify and help to find solutions of the Yang-Baxter equation and the Pentagon equation with given properties.